CMTC is affiliated with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and is part of the Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program. The MEP Program contains 51 centers across the U.S. to serve the manufacturing community. Quarterly surveys ensure full accountability and a performance scorecard of certified value for our customers. The MEP Program is an outgrowth of the U.S. Government policy to develop and deploy technology, management, and technical expertise for improving the competitiveness of manufacturing for small and medium-sized companies.
CMTC has been a close partner with AMP SoCal since the initiative began in 2014. The mission of both organizations complement each other to bring support and growth to the manufacturing companies within the region, which includes training opportunities such as the Intro to Metal 3D Printing Bootcamp on July 20 at USC. More information and the registration link is included below.
INTRO TO METAL 3D PRINTING
Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
DATE AND TIME
July 20, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
USC Center for Advanced Manufacturing
2727 S. Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007
Intro to Metal 3D Printing: “One Day Bootcamp” In partnership with AMP SoCal, CMTC, and 3DVeterans
- Course is designed for engineers who are interested in learning the power of DMLS metal 3D printing and how to utilize metal AM in their workplace.
- The goal of the course is for attendees to design parts so as to understand the capabilities and limitations of the DMLS process.
- Cost analysis, part tolerance, surface finish, post-processing, and material options will be explored.
- The class will include continental breakfast, coffee and lunch catered at CAM.
- Attendees will receive condensed DMLS design information, and a free test part.