Women in Defense Greater Los Angeles Chapter (WID-GLAC) is a national security organization affiliated with NDIA, which cultivates and supports the advancement and recognition of women in all aspects of national security. WID-GLAC aims to cultivate and support the advancement and recognition of women in all aspects of national security. It is a source of networking, professional development, and mentoring with other women leaders in various fields such as aerospace, defense, and national security professions including manufacturing, design & engineering, advisory services, and academia. WID-GLAC creates engaging forums where members can explore the possibility and discover opportunities in these professions.
This month, they are hosting a networking event on March 14, sponsored by the AFCEA and NDIA, to guide and network with aspiring individuals in either of the above fields. This event is free for WID-GLAC members and is priced at $10 for non-members.
If you are interested and want to learn more about WID-GLAC, go to: https://www.widglac.org/events
Members comprise of defense professionals in all stages of their careers, from senior to entry level, members of the military, Department of Defense contractors and government employees, who serve as a resource for professional development, networking, and mentorship.
With a $40 yearly membership rate, benefits include:
- Networking & Professional Development.
- An opportunity to give back to the profession through educational and networking events, mentoring, and community service activities.
- Discounted member rates at Women in Defense and National Defense Industry Association (NDIA) events.
- A Membership Directory offering a list of WID peers, and a WID member pin to distinguish your affiliation.
- WID members have free access to job opportunity listings on the Monster Career Services Portal.
For more information regarding membership, go to their website at: https://www.widglac.org/membership