Women in Defense Greater Los Angeles Chapter (WID-GLAC) is a national security organization affiliated with NDIA, which cultivates and supports the advancement and recognition of women in all aspects of national security. WID-GLAC aims to cultivate and support the advancement and recognition of women in all aspects of national security. It is a source of networking, professional development, and mentoring with other women leaders in various fields such as aerospace, defense, and national security professions including manufacturing, design & engineering, advisory services, and academia. WID-GLAC creates engaging forums where members can explore the possibility and discover opportunities in these professions.
This month, they are hosting a networking event on March 14, sponsored by the AFCEA and NDIA, to guide and network with aspiring individuals in either of the above fields. This event is free for WID-GLAC members and is priced at $10 for non-members.
Members comprise of defense professionals in all stages of their careers, from senior to entry level, members of the military, Department of Defense contractors and government employees, who serve as a resource for professional development, networking, and mentorship.
With a $40 yearly membership rate, benefits include:
- Networking & Professional Development.
- An opportunity to give back to the profession through educational and networking events, mentoring, and community service activities.
- Discounted member rates at Women in Defense and National Defense Industry Association (NDIA) events.
- A Membership Directory offering a list of WID peers, and a WID member pin to distinguish your affiliation.
- WID members have free access to job opportunity listings on the Monster Career Services Portal.