This open house serves to increase industrial automation awareness and education sector program offerings to ultimately strengthen and grow the Advanced Manufacturing industry sector in Southern California and industry as well as K-12 and college students are invited to attend.
Dates: Thursday, February 28th & Friday, March 1st
Time: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Location: FANUC America Corporation, 25951 Commercentre Drive, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Please RSVP to Israel Dominguez at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which date you will attend. Limited to 30 attendees per each day.
9:00 AM – 12:00 noon
- Overview of Vendor Companies – FANUC America, APT Manufacturing Solutions, Amatrol and Klein Educational Systems
- Overview of Industrial Automation – Where the industry is now (i.e. CNC, Robotics, PLCs etc.)
- Overview of where industry is going (i.e. AI, IOT, Zero Down Time, Industry 4.0, etc.,). Vendors and Industry representatives will address this section. FANUC to moderate.
- Overview of existing educational programs, Israel Dominguez will moderate discussion with educators.
- Discussion -What are the skills needed by this industry? Dean Steadman and Jon Potter moderate and lead discussion.
- Discussion -What do the high schools and colleges need to know to equip students for careers in Mechatronics/Industrial Automation? Amatrol to lead discussion.
- Discussion – How can the colleges align their efforts to advance manufacturing and industrial automation in California to become a global leader? Israel Dominguez to lead this discussion.
12:00 – 1:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM: Facility Tour and Showcase of Equipment (CNC, RoboMachine, Robots, etc.) FANUC Robodrill, Robot series including LR Mate and M1iA both stand alone and integration with conveyor. CNC Simulators. MTEC-Sim simulating Machine Tended Robot integration. Amatrol Skill Boss and Portable PLC system with Mechatronics course structure content demonstration.
2:00 PM: Breakout sessions – hands on demonstrations 1) Fanuc Robotics, CNC simulation and Robodrill display in Showroom. 2) MTEC-Sim demonstration by APT Manufacturing Solutions in classroom. 3) Mechatronics course content and Skill Boss demonstration by Amatrol in conference room.
3:00 PM: Adjourn