The second AMP SoCal Bi-Annual Meeting took place on March 9, 2017.
Meeting Program & Agenda
The following videos include a 3-5 minute highlight reel and a full-length overview of each speaker and panelist presentation.
- Opening Remarks and Overview – Libby Williams, USC Center for Economic Development – AMP SoCal
- Bi-Annual Meeting Welcome – Thomas Guevara, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Regional Affairs, performing non-exclusive duties of the Assistant Secretary for Economic Development, U.S. Economic Development Administration
- AMP SoCal Welcome – Deepak Bahl, Program Director, USC Center for Economic Development
- University Welcome – Neeraj Sood, Ph.D.,Vice Dean for Research, Director of Research, USC Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics
Ken Shaw, Vice President, Supply Chain, Boeing Global Services, The Boeing Company
- Moderator: Ken Shaw, Vice President, Supply Chain, Boeing Global Services, The Boeing Company
- General David Petraeus (Ret.), Judge Widney Professor, USC Sol Price School of Public Policy
Panel 1: Industry in Transition – Changes in Aerospace & Defense
- Moderator: Michael Orosz, Ph.D., University of Southern California
- Andrew Duggleby, Ph.D., Virgin Galactic
- David Hwang, Millennium Space Systems
- Robert M. Atkins, Lt Colonel, USAF
- Moderator: Jack Harris, Aerospace States Association
- Steve Ray, Ph.D., Intelligent Manufacturing Systems
- Rafael Radkowski, Ph.D., Iowa State University
- Satyandra K. (SK) Gupta, Ph.D., University of Southern California
- Moderator: Adrienne Lindgren, City of LA Mayor’s Office of Economic Development
- Mayor Patrick J. Furey, City of Torrance
- Abe Nour, Moss Adams
- Tomás E. Durán, USC Center for Economic Development – AMP SoCal
- Leah Goold-Haws, Center for International Trade Development, Long Beach City College
Panel 4: Aerospace Supply Chain Competitiveness
- Moderator: Camille Geiger, Boeing
- Kellie Johnson, ACE Clearwater
- Mike Riley, AMRO Fabricating Corporation
- Shawn Webb, AeroVironment Inc.
- Scott Wallace, Votaw Precision Technology, Inc.