EPA is announcing the availability of funding to eligible entities who wish to develop an area-wide plan for brownfields assessment, cleanup, and subsequent reuse. This funding is for research and/or technical assistance activities directed to one or more brownfield site(s) located in a specific area (such as a neighborhood, downtown or business district, local commercial corridor, community waterfront or city blocks). Each project funded under this grant must result in an area-wide plan which includes specific plan implementation strategies for assessing, cleaning up, and reusing the brownfields site(s) as well as related brownfields and project area revitalization strategies. EPA anticipates awarding approximately 20 projects in total, funded at up to $200,000 each.
Application due August 10, 2016
- FY2017 Brownfields Area-Wide Planning Grant Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Outreach Webinar: EPA walked through the guidelines for competitive proposals with prospective applicants. There will be an opportunity for questions.
- Access the Archive of the Webinar. Access PDF of Slides Only.
- Tips for submitting FY17 BF AWP Proposals through www.grants.gov (PDF) (2 pp, 121 K, About PDF)
- Getting Started Early – Preparing your FY17 BF AWP Grant Proposal in advance of the RFP