The Advanced Manufacturing Partnership for Southern California (AMP SoCal) B2B Strategic Matchmaking has recalibrated to serve SoCal A&D suppliers where they work. Online B2B strategic matchmaking creates a unique opportunity for small A&D suppliers in Southern California to connect with OEMs and Tier-1 suppliers and introduce their company’s capabilities for future contracts.
|STRATEGIC MATCHMAKING INS & OUTS|
What is Matchmaking?
- Matchmaking events are all about making connections and beginning relationships. A&D suppliers are paired to meet one-on-one with OEMs and Tier-1 suppliers seeking specific types of products or services.
- During the online registration process, each supplier is required to list their top five capabilities that describe the type of services/products they provide. Each OEM and Tier-1 supplier will list the type of suppliers they have a preference to meet based on their current and upcoming needs.
How do the matchmaking appointments work?
- Think of it like speed dating for business. Each appointment is 15 minutes, allowing the supplier an opportunity to introduce their company, highlight their experience, and engage in a conversation about how to become a contractor with the OEM or Tier-1 Supplier.
- The OEM or Tier-1 supplier procurement team member commits to give us 3 hours to hold appointments. Since we are holding appointments throughout the months of October and November, they can select any combination of dates and times throughout both months to hold appointments. This means they can be all in one day or spread over several days in order to accommodate their schedule.
What are the benefits to an OEM or Tier-1 Supplier?
- OEMs and Tier-1 Suppliers receive the advantage of pre-screened appointments with suppliers that meet their selected criteria.
|HOW DO OEMs AND TIER-1 SUPPLIERS SIGN-UP|
In order for OEMs and Tier-1 suppliers to be matched with A&D suppliers we need you to provide the following:
- Identify which procurement team member(s) will participate (there is no limitation)
- Determine which date and times (3 hours in total) they want to hold appointments
- Provide the requirements for the type of suppliers each OEM procurement staff member wants to meet
|APPOINTMENT SCHEDULE OPTIONS|
In an effort to maximize the number of suppliers seen we will schedule appointments in 15-minute intervals. Appointments will be hosted using Webex tele-conferencing and an AMP SoCal staff member will serve as the host bringing suppliers in and out of the video conference room. Prior to their interview day, each procurement team member(s) will receive their appointments schedule along with the registration form for each supplier summarizing their capabilities. Each procurement team member needs to select a weekday(s) to host their appointments. Appointments can be scheduled over several days.
Below are example appointment schedules. Keep in mind that you can break up your appointments over more than one day in order to fit your availability.
|AMP SoCal EVENTS OBJECTIVES|
The USC Center for Economic Development leads the AMP SoCal collaboration, in partnership with the City of Los Angeles Mayor’s Office, which focuses on supporting the aerospace and defense (A&D) manufacturing industry throughout the southernmost ten counties of California. As part of its ongoing efforts, AMP SoCal is committed to providing A&D-focused webinars, workshops and trainings for manufacturing businesses in Southern California’s supply chain. The objective is to provide valuable insight into highly relevant and topical A&D concerns. AMP SoCal events also serve as a platform for colleagues within the industry to network and learn of AMP SoCal’s in-depth and multi-faceted approach to supporting manufacturers.
|CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION|
Libby Williams, EML, MPA
Project Manager, AMP SoCal
USC Center for Economic Development
Email: Libby.[email protected]
Phone: (213) 740-9494